Monday, December 06, 2021

Sponsors

Lamont: Schools Closed at Least to May 20

Gov. Ned Lamont announced today that the state’s public schools, restaurants and bars will remain closed through at least May 20.

“May 20 will be the earliest to reconsider opening,” Lamont said. “Even though we are seeing a little bit of good news … I don’t want us to get complacent and I wouldn’t be surprised if that May 20 date extends as well.”

Education Commissioner Miguel Cardona said officials were planning for a closure that could last the remainder of the school year.

“We know we may need to cancel classes for the remainder of the year and, while we’re not announcing that today, we are planning for the worst case scenario,” Cardona said.

“All superintendents and high school principals are already planning what it might look like if high school classes are canceled through the end of the year.”

For the first time today, the state released statistics on those who had been released from the hospital. Of the roughly 3,000 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 since March 10, about 1,250 of (41%) have been discharged.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *